1. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is protected. We therefore make sure that our policies and practices in relation to personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”) under the laws of Malaysia.
Types of Personally Identifiable Information Collected
3. You may be asked to provide your personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) including, but not limited to, your name, gender, identity card number, date of birth, telephone number, home address, email address,education level, occupation, marital status, race, household income, interests and favourite activities, etc. In order to enjoy the service we offer. Specific purposes for which your Personal Data may be used are set out in our Personal Information Collection Statement under section 5 below, including the use of Personal Data for direct marketing.
4. All personal data you provide to us is secured with restricted access by authorized personnel only. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
Personal Information Collections Statement (“PICS”)
6.1 As a Sunlight Pharmacy customer, it may be necessary for you to provide us with your Personal Data when you apply to us and / or continue to subscribe with us for a service and / or product (“Services”). If your Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the Services to you.
6.2 We shall keep your Personal Data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of Personal Data will be in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and are as set in this PICS.
6.3 You agree that all the Personal Data provided by you to us may be used and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as may be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- Providing the Services;
- Processing your Membership application;
- Processing the member activation, validation and verification purpose;
- Enabling the daily operation of your account;
- Facilitating access to and use of the website and mobile services relating to the Account;
- Carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behavior and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting goods and services that are likely to be of interest to you.
- Providing you with regular communications from us with details of the Services and its benefits;
- The normal management, operation and maintenance of the performance of the Services;
- Research for service improvement and designing new, or improving existing, Services provided by us to you;
- Investigation of complaints, and suspected suspicious transactions;
- Prevention or detection of crime;
- Disclosure as required by law;
- Aggregated behavioral analysis.
6.4 We would also like to use your Personal Data (including your name, telephone number, address and email address and other information provided to us when you register) for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, phone, SMS or the like) in relation to:
- Offers and promotions from us;
- Offers and promotions offered by our subsidiaries and our affiliates.
Please note that we cannot so use your Personal Data unless we have received your consent.
6.5 We may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) to our agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to us who provide administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, professional or other similar services to us and to any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you in connection with a merger, sale or transfer (whether of assets or shares), to use, hold, process or retain such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in paragraphs 6.3 and 6.4 above on our behalf.
6.6 You have the right to:
- Check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
- Access your Personal Data held by us;
- Ask us to correct or update any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- Ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data;
- Opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time;
- Subject to paragraph 6.1 above, limit our processing of your Personal Data.
6.7 Any requests in relation to the above shall be in writing (sent by post or email) and addressed to:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6.8 In accordance with the Act, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
6.9 Nothing in this PICS shall limit your rights under the Act.